Last Updated: October 2020
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you subscribe to a newsletter or create an account.
Information We Collect Automatically
The Site uses Google Analytics first-party cookies to track activity and visits to the Site. Otherwise, we do not collect any information about you automatically.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service.
- For internal marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our consumers or to measure the amount of traffic to our websites.
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, events offered by BlackBook Media, and to manage transactions such as credit card payments for any goods that you order from us or any of our agents, or for the fulfillment of such transactions (e.g., delivery). The personal information you provide may be used by an authorized vendor to fulfill that order.
- We might request you to elect to receive information and updates from our subsidiaries, affiliates, business partners, advertisers and parent companies and any of their related businesses.
- We may arrange for selected organizations to send you marketing and promotional information that may be of interest to you. In such circumstances your personal information may be disclosed to these organizations who will agree to be bound by the terms of this privacy statement. We will obtain your permission before we send you any such communications.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, business partners, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf related to the Services;
- We may also share non-personal information with others, such as advertisers, in aggregate anonymous form, which means that the information will not contain any personally identifiable information about you.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- To protect the rights, property and safety of BlackBook Media or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, including, without limitation, personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us;
- Between and among BlackBook Media and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from BlackBook Media by following the instructions in those emails or other messages.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button). Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
You may request that we provide you the information we hold about you, update your information, or ask us to remove your information or correct any inaccuracies in such personal data. We will use reasonable efforts to deal with your request within a reasonable time.
Our policies and procedures limit access to personal information to those with a business reason to know such information. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot represent, warrant, or guarantee that communications between you and us, or personal information stored on our servers, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties, loss, misuse, or alterations. The Company disclaims liability for personal information submitted through this Website. Users are hereby advised that they submit such personal information at their own risk.