Photo: Joe Schildhorn/BFAnyc.com
Being an It Girl takes a lot of work. There’s traveling, partying, wearing gifted clothing, and mass attempts on being downright fabulous. It would be hard being Alexa Chung, said no one, nowhere. The British beauty air kisses Karl Lagerfeld’s cheeks regularly and sits front row at nearly every major fashion show.
She’s a chain-smoker and author of a book simply titled “It”. I think that needs no explaining as to why. Alexa is trotting behind personal favorite Chloe Sevigny on becoming the end all be all It Girl. See why, below.
1. When Alexa was a Versace. Photo: Billy Farrell/BFAnyc.com
2. One of the multiple times Alexa DJed for Chanel. Photo: David X Prutting/BFAnyc.com
3. She’s basically Anne’s BFF. Photo: Joe Schildhorn/BFAnyc.com
4. Cozying up to The LSD in hopes of snagging some free Moda Operandi (we would too). Photo: Neil Rasmus/BFAnyc.com
5. Only an It Girl can get away with those shoes. Photo: Joe Schildhorn/BFAnyc.com
6. Only an It Girl can be a cheeseburger and not eat carbs at the same damn time. Photo: Matteo Prandoni/BFAnyc.com
7. When she cozies up to other It Girls Poppy and Joan just to solidify that she’s the Itest of them all. Photo: David X Prutting/BFAnyc.com
8. It Girls get giant bottles of nail polish. They’re the only people to get them. Photo: Aria Isadora/BFAnyc.com
9. If you’re an It Girl you can push Tommy and get away with it. Photo: Matteo Prandoni/BFAnyc.com
10. And finally, signing “It,” her book. Photo: Aria Isadora/BFAnyc.com