From Paris, With Love: It’s the Colette Holiday Gift Guide!
If you’re lucky enough to make your way to Paris, visiting Colette at 213 rue Saint-Honoré is an absolute must. The celebrated concept store and style mecca is known for its distinctly cool selection of clothing, accessories, books, and gadgets, handpicked by Sarah Lerfel—founder and daughter of Colette Roussaux—and her team. Besides offering covetable items in their boutique, Colette also hosts frequent exhibitions with some of the most innovative artists and fashion designers in the world. Lerfel knows that we all can’t experience her store firsthand, so in the spirit of the gifting season she and her awesome team are sharing some holiday gift ideas with BlackBook. Warning: the music playing in their e-shop will make you dance.
1. Various Artists – Discolette CD. “We love it because disco will never die and we will dance to it forever!” $30.16.
2. Lyle Owerko – The Boombox Project. “It captures the history of hip-hop and is a great collector’s item.” $38.03.
3. Jaeger-LeCoultre x CDC – Master Memovox Colette Watch. “The Swiss Jaeger-LeCoultre factory created a new version of the famous watch style ‘Master Memovox International’ just for Thomas Erber’s Cabinet de Curiosités. On the disk showing the names of various cities, they replaced ‘Paris’ with ‘Colette’—and we like it!” $15,738.
4. Rilla Alexander – Her Idea. “This title is about Alexander’s new character Sozi’s ongoing struggle and triumph to make ideas happen.” $36.72.
5. Surface to Air x CDC – Leather Jacket. “This is a beautiful leather jacket created in collaboration with artist and tattooist Scott Campbell!” $4,590.25.