Alexa Chung at Moschino, Karlie Kloss at Juicy Couture: 6 FNO Events You Need to Know
Lest you forget, Fashion’s Night Out 2012 is next Thursday, September 6. To ensure that you’re not absurdly overwhelmed with options to the point that you resort to falling asleep in fetal position—with phone in hand!—at 9pm that night, I’ve rounded up the top six NYC events worth breaking out of hermit mode for. From Alexa Chung at Moschino to Havaianas and Opening Ceremony at Ace Hotel, dust off your comfiest of kicks and get to planning.
1. Moschino (401 W. 14th St): We hear that perpetual It girl (and burgeoning fashion designer) Alexa Chung is set to host and deejay Moschino’s FNO soirée at their Meatpacking store. Expect lots of Peter Pan collars and festive Belvedere libations. 6 to 9pm.
2. Ace Hotel (20 W. 29th St): In honor of Havaianas‘ 50th anniversary and Opening Ceremony‘s 10th anniversary, the two iconic brands are teaming up for a massive bash at—where else?—Ace Hotel. Ever the innovators, OC is sprucing up Havaianas’ original flip-flop style with limited edition pins. 100% of the proceeds will benefit Broome Street Academy. 6 to 8pm.
3. Juicy Couture (650 Fifth Ave): Instead of social media stalking one of the world’s top models in the privacy of your home, swing by Juicy Couture’s flagship to view "a carefully curated exhibit of Karlie Kloss’ Instagram photos," which will also serve as the backdrop for a digital photo booth. We’re told that customers who make a JC purchase from 6 to 7pm can have their photo taken with Kloss by Vogue‘s director of photography Ivan Shaw, so don’t lag. 6 to 9pm.
4. Balenciaga (542 W. 22nd St): Are you a crazy cat lady who loves Balenciaga? If so, this is the event for you. Swing by the French fashion house’s flagship to see Vogue creative director Grace Coddington‘s fiery hair in the flesh while you fawn over a capsule collection inspired by her cat, Pumpkin. 6 to 9pm.
5. Bergdorf Goodman (754 Fifth Ave): When in doubt during FNO, hit up Bergdorfs. The legendary department store always features free swag, sweet celebrity appearances and overall action worth your while. This year is particularly cool because BG is celebrating its 111th anniversary, so it’s sure to be chock-full with bells and whistles. In addition to a performance by The Blue Vipers of Brooklyn, there will be astrologers on hand to either make or break your night, as well as appearances by designers Thakoon Panichgul, Michael Bastian, Rachel Zoe and Lela Rose. 6 to 9pm.
6. Swarovski (499 Broadway): The luxury jeweler has tapped none other than artist and activist Yoko Ono to design two limited-edition crystal key cuts, which will be released exclusively at their SWAROVSKI CRYSTALLIZED™ store and online. Apparently, the $350 "Key to Open the Universe" piece unlocks "the door to the forest with its secrets, to the sky with its peacefulness, to the universe with its infinity, to a future with a promise for a better life," so you might want to pick one of those up. 6 to 9pm.
Photo via Fashion’s Night Out