11 Tricks To Fool Everyone Into Thinking You Actually Showered Today
Photo: Courtesy of Byredo
No time to shower? No problem.
The latest from fragrance brand Byredo is a hair perfume, released in three of the brand’s classic scents.
1. The “long lasting scents…subtly diffuse throughout the day, amplified by the natural movement of the hair,” the brand said in a press release. “Each hair perfume combines one of BYREDO’s signature scents with a unique silicone and polymer formula to create a light, invisible veil designed to leave the hair nourished and luminous whilst divinely scented.” So, if you’ve ever faux-casually sniffed your hair whilst running out the door and hoping no one notices the smell of shampoo has long since left your hair, the solution is here.
2. Of course, that doesn’t necessarily conquer grease. And since we can’t all be Kimmy K, with five-day plans and glam squads for each level of natural grease our hair encounters post-wash, some of us reach for products that can do it all.
Consensus rules that if messy hair is in, by all means run with it. A little dry shampoo spray with texturizing properties is your best friend. Zhush it up, have some fun with it and be your bad self. No shower, no problem. Recommended: Oribe’s Dry Texturizing Spray
3. Skip the sink and get your face clean with the best facial wipes we’ve ever found–a true BlackBook fave–Koh Gen Do’s Cleansing Spa Water Cloths.
4. It’s never a bad idea to start the day with a facial mist and having tried MANY, Tata Harper’s is a tried-and-true favorite.
Even if Tata’s mist didn’t have hyaluronic acid and brighten skin, I’d still spray it on like crack for it’s smell and ability to feel like an instant refresh!
5. Moving down, along the face, quick reminder. There is no excuse not to brush your teeth. There is an excuse to be kind of childish about it and wish it didn’t suck or bore you or whatever. Enter Foreo’s new Issa toothbrush. Because we should all have chic Swedish designed silicone toothbrushes, ya know?
6. Sometimes when we don’t shower, we decide to take not showering UP A NOTCH. Because why not. Should you decide to skip to the cute little local barre studio, (which obviously does not have shower accommodations), break a bit of a sweat, and then head to your next meeting like nothing happened, allow me to introduce you to your new best friend: The Shower Pill. Like baby wipes but for sweaty, lazy, post-work-out adults.
7. Another no-cheat zone? (let’s be courteous, if unclean)–pits. Dove’s new dry spray deodorant is a must have because who even has time to use a stick anymore!? No risk of icky stains either.
8. Before you go: smear on a little something to help keep your skin in check–Bioelements Oil Control Mattifier.
And, one for the road: Tatcha’s Original Aburatorigami Blotting Papers. Because oily is not chic–and they won’t even mess up your makeup.
9. Get your glow courtesy of Dr. Dennis Gross’s Alpha Beta Glow pad which gets your face looking naturally glowy (and streak-free) within 1-3 hours of application.
10. Finish it off with Eve Lom’s new Radiant Glow Cream Foundation–compact, with SPF 30, and ready to throw in your bag.
11. Finish it off with an oldie-but-goodie–because what other fragrance would you pick when hiding your unshowered-ness? Add a spritz of the appropriately named CLEAN’s Shower Fresh.