Get the Hottest Beauty Look from the Spring Runways Right Now
What was the biggest beauty trend we saw on the spring runways? Braids. Middle-parted plaits, cornrows, French…. they were all over the place, everywhere, and we liked it. For an updo that feels both cool and lady, we turn to Bibhu Mohapatra, whose models wore personalized variations on the look — that means you can be on trend, and still do you.
1. Start with damp hair, working a dime to quarter sized squeeze of gel from roots to ends.
2. Separate out the top portion of hair, and from that, use the comb to section off hair to the desired plait or cornrow sections — whatever suits you best!
3. Start a French braid close to the forehead, continuing back along the section and to the end of the hair. Pin it in place for now. Repeat for however many sections you’ve created.
4. Comb the lower portion of hair into a low ponytail, securing with a hair tie. Wrap the loose end o the pony around the base, and secure it with bobby pins.
5. Wrap the loose braids from the top section around the bun you’ve created with the low ponytail, and pin into place.
6. Finish with shine spray to keep the style in place and looking fresh.
Photographer: Jaesung Lee
Style Editor: Alyssa Shapiro
Hair Stylist: Jason Murillo
Makeup Artist: Dana Rae
Models: Chloe Wheatcroft and Sandra Rieder (Muse)
Chloe wears Infinite Tusk choker by Gabriela Artigas and edge cotton soft bra by Cosabella. Sandra wears the 14K Yellow Infinite Hook earring by Gabriela Artigas and Talco convertible logo soft bra by Cosabella.