13 Most Amazing Things Willow and Jaden Smith Said in Their Interview with T Magazine
Photo: Aleks Kocev/BFAnyc.com
Celebrity offspring are a matter to be dealt with with a little grain of salt. Take away the press conferences and capitalization on the fame that was already brewed, they are just normal kids. Normal kids that essentially have the strings and means to dabble in making an album in the snap of a finger, or star alongside a parental unit in a Hollywood blockbuster.
In a recent interview in T magazine, siblings Jaden and Willow Smith get honest. You can basically throw away any Sigmund Freud book you dissected in school and study the philosophy of the Smith children. We’ve put together a collection of our favorite aphorisms.
Keep in mind that they are 14 (Willow) and 16 (Jaden).
1. “I mean, time for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please, and that’s how I know it doesn’t exist.” — Willow Smith
2. “Honestly, we’re just trying to make music that we think is cool. We don’t think a lot of the music out there is that cool. So we make our own music. We don’t have any song that we like to listen to on the P.C.H. by any other artist, you know?” — Jaden Smith
3. “That’s what I do with novels. There’re no novels that I like to read so I write my own novels, and then I read them again, and it’s the best thing.” — Willow Smith
4. “Willow’s been writing her own novels since she was 6.” — Jaden Smith
5. “Me and Jaden just figured out that our voices sound like chocolate together. As good as chocolate tastes, it sounds that good.” — Willow Smith
6. “I like to go to places with my high-fashion things where there are a lot of cameras. So I can just go there and be like, “Yep, yep, I’m looking so sick.” But in my regular life, I put on clothes that I can climb trees in.” — Willow Smith
7. “That’s another thing: What’s your job, what’s your career? Nah, I am. I’m going to imprint myself on everything in this world.” — Jaden Smith
8. “Breathing is meditation; life is a meditation. You have to breathe in order to live, so breathing is how you get in touch with the sacred space of your heart.” — Willow Smith
9. “Here’s the deal: School is not authentic because it ends. It’s not true, it’s not real. Our learning will never end. The school that we go to every single morning, we will continue to go to.” — Jaden Smith
10. “I went to school for one year. It was the best experience but the worst experience. The best experience because I was, like, “Oh, now I know why kids are so depressed.” But it was the worst experience because I was depressed.” — Willow Smith
11. “And the feeling of being like, this is a fragment of a holographic reality that a higher consciousness made.” — Willow Smith
12. “I have a goal to be just the most craziest person of all time. And when I say craziest, I mean, like, I want to do like Olympic-level things. I want to be the most durable person on the planet.” — Jaden Smith
13. “I think by the time we’re 30 or 20, we’re going to be climbing as many mountains as we can possibly climb.” — Willow Smith