Top 5 Tweets About the Delta Riots at JFK
Delta made the news yesterday when cops were called in to quiet the backed up and angry crowds that were filling up JFK. The security line was taking upwards of two hours to get through, causing many passengers to miss their flights. Reasons for this delay were many: the check in counters were not fully staffed, in fact some were closed entirely, and it seems that there was only one security belt for each line, making for a grand total of two. Though some planes were held to accommodate passengers, the airline was definitely lax in the communication department, only incensing the crowd more. The twitter hastag #deltafail is getting a lot of play right now. Read on for the top five tweets regarding the fail that is Delta right now.
1. @bpopken: “going to be some bad incident in jfk delta today. I can feel it. Backed up the yinyang. Low staff. No communication. People starting to snap”
2. @kevinpaffrath: “Oh sure, I’ll ‘consolidate’ my 4 carry-on items.” I’ll just put on a large jacket, put my bags under it, and wobble by you
3. @brucetifee: “What a clusterfuck! I’d rather crawl over broken glass with Danny DeVito on my back than fly in the USA.”
4. @nickpdi: “delta permanently lost my business in may; after waiting 2h(!) to check my bag at jfk they refused to help me.”
5. @EditorUtahCEO: “Impossible to reach @DeltaAirlines today. After this trip, I’ll do what it takes to never fly Delta again.”