Sin City is expecting over 300,000 partiers this New Year’s Eve. The Strip gets shut down, and a giant block-party ensues. Along with neon drinks and dancing in the streets, here are five ways you can ring in the New Year, Vegas style:
1. Party at XS (Encore): Be the first! Steve Wynn’s latest hotspot hotel, Encore opens its doors for the first time at 9 p.m. New Year’s Eve.
2. Party with Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Pete Wentz at Pure (Caesars Palace): The $200 admission fee includes a midnight Champagne toast.
3. Gorge yourself on an eight-course meal at Joel Robuchon (MGM Grand): The prix-fixe, special holiday meal — featuring black truffles — is $600 a person.
4. Go see the Akon show at the House of Blues (Mandalay Bay) and dance your way through midnight. The show starts at 11 p.m.
5. Have a private party at Palms Place. If you’ve got 10 friends and $25,000, the Palms Palace will throw you a party in the penthouse. The price includes accommodations and brunch the next day.