Hate To Say It, But Willow Smith Is Already Cooler Than Us
It’s easy to get lost in the sea of black outfits in NYC—it’s what we’re known for, after all. With that in mind, our new favorite style icon for the often-dreary winter season is Willow Smith. In part because she’s only 10-years-old (that’s right, born in 2000), Willow is utterly fearless in fashion, but unlike her young female counterparts—Miley, Raven, the Olsens—she’s decidedly not bypassing her youth for an overly sexual look. After the jump, check out some of our favorite looks on her, but something tells me Willow is just getting started.
1. For Willow’s debut video, “Whip My Hair,” one of the looks featured cotton-candy hair and hyper-color jumpsuits. We’re thinking neon is going to be huge in spring and we’ve already seen brightly colored hair pop-up in Pre-Fall collections, such as Rag & Bone.
2. Self-explanatory: animal prints are trending hard right now, as are jodhpurs and moto jackets. But unless you’re a pre-teen, this look may be best in moderation.
3. Willow’s motorcycle-chic look is a staple for most NYC girls, but her chainmail gray pants take it to the next level.
4. This weekend Willow performed at a tree-lighting in LA, sporting candy-cane braids and gold gloves. This gives us New Year’s Eve ideas for red streaks and gold glitter nail polish.
5. Another look from “Whip My Hair,” Willow rocks a white studded shirt with faux-painted pants, and lots of brightly colored hair between her and her back-up dancers.
6. Posing for a photo, Willow looks effortlessly cool in jean shorts and motorcycle boots. Ten-years-old, people!