Fashion’s Night Out To-Do List: Bowery Bonding
While you’re bopping about town on Fashion’s Night Out, stimulating the economy and whatnot with your cab fares and fancy purchases, designers and friends including ROGAN, OAK, The Smile, and Archetype Showroom will be trying to lure you to their neck of the woods. Together with other local favorites, the group’s pooling their talents to present the first annual Black Carnival on Fashion’s Night Out from 6PM-11PM. Bond Street between Bowery & Lafayette will be roped off in street-fair fashion—funnel cakes replaced by luxe sushi, street meat by high fashion—to celebrate the dark (and humorous) side of fashion with black tents, live music, local cocktails, and unchecked revelry. No man is an island, and neither are retail brands, which is why these Noho favorites have joined forces. Our favorite destinations in the nabe after the jump.
• ROGAN: The Bowery mainstay will be hosting a Blackout photo session in which revelers can have their photo taken in the style of the FW10 ROGAN blackout video. They will be showcasing their ROGAN vs LOVE special collaboration with precious lockets available only on Fashion’s Night Out.
• OAK: Carnival attendees will receive a special discounted price on the coveted OAK French Military Jacket. It will be available for purchase for $90 (regularly $154). How come? They’ll be hosting fun decorative booths in which you can customize the jacket with biker and punk-inspired patches to create a unique, one‐of‐a‐kind piece. They’ll also be doling out temporary tattoos.
• The Smile: A favorite of the downtown set (and the site of every party below 14th Street lately, it seems), the resto will be offering delicious bites prepared by Executive Chef Melia Marden.
• Factory by Erik Hart: With any Factory By Erik Hart purchase, receive a limited edition signed copy of Erik Hart’s Zine. They’ll also be filming. You. In your very own art film.
• LNA: Another downtown fave, you’ll be able to create your own shredded tee, tank, or legging with LNA designers and founders Lauren Alexander and April Leight.
• Kai Aakmann: Participate in Kai Aakmann’s “Style Intersection” and personally style male and female models. A winning prize of a $500 gift certificate is up for grabs.
• Surface to Air: Create your own charm necklace, choosing from various chains, charms, and pendants. Here’s a tip: get your hands on the customizable (and ever‐popular) Surface to Air 2 and 3‐finger rings, marking them with your initials.
• Hester Street Fair: The Big Social, the team behind the Hester Street Fair, will be curating the food at the Black Carnival. Vendors include: Luke’s Lobster Nijiya Melt Bakery Sigmund Pretzels Macaroon Parlor
• BONDST: The famed restaurant will have sushi chefs making hand‐rolls on demand and frying up spicy crispy shrimp.
• CHRISTINEATS: Confectioner Christine will be on hand with special caramels and Prohibition Truffles for the adults.
• Vita Coco: Delicious, refreshing, and hydrating – a healthy option to keep you going all night.